Friday, May 4, 2012

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary, How does your garden grow?

I like to rock the Mary Janes and bonnet when gardening

That's right!  My gardening skills are out of control.  Internet access helps quite a bit.  This week I learned about ants and okra from the Aggies.  Ants like Okra and will hurt the plants.  I tried some organic ant killer so I'll have to wait an see if that works.  I've read that ants carry aphids around with them so I need to purchase some ladybugs (they can eat up to 1000 aphids a day!)

Anyway, I actually do have a green thumb!  You can see what a difference a couple of weeks make:  My garden has gone from this to THIS:

Giant Squash Plant - The Squashes love my garden box
The cucumber climb on anything - Lots of flowers right now
 

















































































        
Obviously the squash plant dominates!

No comments:

Post a Comment