Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall is in the air and its almost chili cook-off time!

Tonight I start my graphic design program at SMU.  I'm really excited about it, although I don't think I will be able to finish it as quickly as I thought.  Unfortunately, our house needs foundation work.  (I'm still not sure if this matter is going to result in a lawsuit so I can't say too much about my bitterness on the subject.)  As of right now its going to cost us quite a bit of money so I will be shelling out for that instead of completing school in a timely manner.  Sigh.  Oh well - at least I'm getting started - and starting school is a sure sign of fall.

Also, pinterest and several blogs I follow are all abuzz with fall decorating.  Wreaths seem to be quite popular with the home decorating set (see here and here).  I've decided to get in on the wreath action this weekend since I can't do other things to my home (like painting or redoing the fireplace - again thanks to the necessary foundation work.  boooooo!)  I'm feeling rather crafty so this is probably a good time to get my front porch looking nice.   I also feel like baking to I think I'm going to make homemade cinnamon rolls on Saturday. 

Sunday is the State Fair of Texas Chili Cook-off.  Yes, Team "No Beans MF" is back!  And this time we are in it to win it.  I learned a lot last year regarding the "rules" so I'm ready to make some badass chili and take home the blue ribbon.  I also talked to my brother, Mark, who knows everything about everything.  We had a 2 hour strategy session with regard to my chili making - such as when to add certain spices and other top secret things I can't tell you about.  

My friend decided she wanted to get in on the chili making this year so we had a mini chili cook-off at the office.  Her chili was excellent.  My chili got more votes.  She was EXTREMELY bitter about not winning (can you say competitive?) and took it out on everyone in the office for a day or two.  I think she's over it now and on board for Sunday's competition.  She can't resist eating chili and drinking beer on a Sunday morning. No matter what, we will still have fun.  We always do.

Looking back at this post, It appears I have a very ambitious weekend ahead of me!  Stay tuned for the State Fair Chili Cook-off Results.  I can't wait to post a pic with my blue ribbon!


No comments:

Post a Comment