Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye to 2013

As this year nears its end, I can't say I'm sorry to see it go. It had ups and downs, like every year does, but in particular I learned some very valuable lessons I won't soon forget.

Rather than a list of resolutions for next year, here's a list of what I learned:

1) Always be thankful for those that love you and have your back.

2) Don't ignore your instincts - in life or work.  If you're gut is telling you something is wrong, it probably is.

3) Time is a commodity that, once spent, is never returned.  Make sure you're spending it on the right people and things.

4) Las Vegas is a terrible place and someone should burn it to the ground**

5) There are bad people in this world. That's a fact.  But, just because you encounter one, doesn't mean you should give up on people as a whole.  There are also some really good people.

6) Friends can be very wise if you listen to them.

Now go check out this blog that always makes me laugh.  #3 on her list of disappointments is my favorite.  One day it will be legal...one day...


My Champagne of choice this NYE is Piper-Heidsieck.  It comes in this beautiful box (you can use the top to hold a votive candle also).  Marilyn Monroe said she started each day with a glass, but I can't think of a better way to toast in the new year (besides a kiss at midnight, of course).  Cheers 2014!!!






**I'm kind of kidding about this one.  My BFF and I had some fun times on that trip but I swear I will never, ever go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment