Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Texas vs. Alabama...the bet is on!

Its not often that I bet someone on a football game.  I don't bet on my college team because, while I was in school, they (well frankly) sucked.  So by default I became a fan of the next closest school, UT.  I have friends that are Aggies and I'm sure they would be happy to wager on that yearly game but they are so invested (brainwashed?) that I hate to get an Aggie all worked up.  To borrow a phrase from my dad, arguing with an Aggie about their school is like wrestling with a pig...you both get dirty but the pig likes it.

Enter my new acquaintance, who, although he didn't go to Alabama, will be rooting for them during Thursdays game. He is obviously not a Texan.  We'll call my acquaintance 13 to protect his privacy - its fitting since Bama has won 13 championships, (which he so nicely reminded me of yesterday).  This is actually a perfect situation in which to bet.  Neither one of us is really attached to either school; therefore neither one of us stands to get really angry at a loss. 

13 has decided we should bet a bottle of Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka. http://www.fireflyvodka.com/  He says it tastes just like sweet tea which makes it dangerously delicious.  I am actually kind of surprised at this because I think 13 is kind-of a snob.  I just don't picture him drinking a $20 bottle of vodka that tastes like sweet tea, but whatever. It sounds yummy to me so the bet is on. 

Yesterday, I started the smack talk by sending 13 an email that said "Thought you might want to set this as your background to get ready for Thursday..."











13 responded "And one for you..."














To which I responded:  "I fixed your pic for you for after the game..."














13 had no response to this as he was left utterly speechless from my mastery of MS Paint.  I thought the sad face was a particularly nice touch.

Today 13 sends me some sort of lame-o article written by an supposed UT fan that says that UT's offense is going to get destroyed by the far superior Bama team.  I send him an article back (from the same website, shockingly enough) that gives all the reasons why UT is going to win.  13 doesn't respond. 

The smack talk on the phone is starting to get ugly as well.  13 and I almost got in a fight today.  I told him if Bama wins I'm not talking to him for a week.  He says that I am too easy to get riled up.

Its all in good fun, I think.  I guess we'll see after Thursday if 13 and I are still friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment