Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Elements of F*cking Style

Not too long ago, my half-brother belittled my blog and writing skills in general.  I actually considered his criticism for a brief moment and didn't think about it again until I ran across this little gem:
I immediately ordered it thinking that if my skills needed some improvement, this was the book to do it.  I have to say, it is pretty awesome so far.  How could I not like a book that advises me to:
"Use strong, definite language in your writing.  Make that sentence your bitch."   

It also gives examples of words that are commonly used in error, proper comma placement, semi-colons and hyphens. PLUS its MUCH more interesting than the original Elements of Style.  Strunk and White could put a corpse to sleep.  Apparently I am a moron because I thought you had to put a comma before you called someone Jr. or Sr.  The book literally says people who do this are idiots.  Guilty.

Expect better writing from here forward, people!

(SIDENOTE...Per this book, Its perfectly acceptable to refer to those who would belittle my blog and/or writing an: ass hole, ass-hole or asshole - although the latter is the preferred form.)

No comments:

Post a Comment