Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Bar Method

I just realized today that I have been doing the Bar Method since July.  July!  What?!  I can't even believe it.  I don't think I've ever done a workout consistently like this ever.  Although I really liked the Tracy Anderson Method, and still do the dance cardio from time to time, that program takes a lot of self motivation.  I'm kind of a loner so TAM worked for me initially, but the Bar Method is addicting.  I feel a bit like I'm going to dance class instead of working out.  Don't be fooled though - this is a workout;  a hardcore, ass-kicking (and ass lifting) workout.  I think (now that I've quit drinking) I'm actually getting abs.  ABS!  Wow.

The results have been great.  I think my posture has improved a TON.  The Bar Method has pretty much eliminated my back pain and improved my flexibility.   I sweat like crazy and the teachers are like pretty little angels/devils on your shoulder that say things like "Good focus, Lesley" (yes they call you out by name), but its totally worth it.

Find a studio near you:
http://www.barmethod.com/

Or in Dallas:
http://dallas-parkcities.barmethod.com/

WARNING:  You WILL be sore after the first class.  I don't care if you work out every day.  These classes will challenge even the most seasoned athlete.  If you're not sore, seriously contact me because I need to report you to the US government to they can do testing on you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment