Friday, November 4, 2011

EXCITED!!!

My best friend since the age of 3 is coming to town for the weekend.  I am unbelievably ___________ (insert excited, elated, thrilled - whichever sounds best).  In case you're a reader (I know there is at least one) she is the same person I wrote about in this post.

Why so excited you may ask?  Because this lovely person I've known since childhood, who is the closest thing to a sister I have or will ever have, is PREGNANT!!!!!  And although I seem to have no internal ticking time bomb fertility clock of my own, I am SO _________ (again - excited, elated, thrilled) for her and this new person coming into our lives!  I cannot wait to meet him or her!

I'm going to spend this weekend carting my friend around to Babies R Us and any other sort of baby store I can find, undoubtedly sending her back to College Station with a car full of onesies (sp?) and various other baby items.  

I've also figured out the nice thing about other people having children is that you can play with them and love on them without actually being required to turn them into a productive member of society.  I think this is why grandparents have so much fun.  Spoil them, then send them back to their parents for the hard work.  I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment