Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mission Impossible: Best Burger in DFW

There are some things I'm on a never ending quest to find - the perfect pair of jeans, the best mascara (although I think I've come close with Lash Blast), my absolute favorite bottle of wine (liking them all is problematic).  Add to the list, Best Burger in DFW. 

I don't eat a lot of burgers in general.  So when I want one, I want it to be REALLY GOOD.  I have yet to find THE ONE that stands out above all others to the point where I will forgo other burger places.  Sidedish had an article a few days ago about Elevation Burger.  I have to say, I'm a fan of the grass fed beef so I'll be checking this one out soon.  The Sidedish article also mentions a place called Restaurant Ava which is supposed to have an excellent burger as well.  I love the name Ava so I wouldn't mind checking into this place also; however, its all the way out in Rockwall and I'm not sure I'm counting that as DFW at this time.  Plus, I'm lazy.  A drive to Rockwall for a burger seems like a long way.  Maple & Motor is another Dallas joint on the list of places to visit soon.  Here's what I've tried so far:

Twisted Root - Good but not great. My burger was a little over cooked.

Love Shack - Another decent burger.  The quail egg on top was a cool touch but it didn't knock my socks off.

The Grape - Voted Best Burger 2009 by Texas Monthly, this was, by far, my favorite of all I've tried.  Its a 10 oz. homemade patty with pepper bacon, Vermont white cheddar, horseradish pickles and dijonaise.  Yum.  Still when I think of having a burger I don't think, "OMGee I HAVE to have the burger from The Grape."  

Burger Girl on McKinney - This joint is now closed.  I guess that pretty much sums up their burger.

Yourway Burgers & Wings - I actually bothered to write a Yelp review about this place.  What's cool is that they will infuse your burger with various ingredients.  You can read the full review HERE.  I have been back a couple of times.  Its close to my house which makes it a favorite. 

In-N-Out - This place is all hype.  I just don't get it.  Its not that good and the fries taste weird.

Hopefully I'll come across my favorite soon so I can end my quest to find the best burger.  I cook a pretty good burger myself.  I guess I could always work on my own to make it the best, then when I open my restaurant, people will know where to find the best burger in DFW.  Just sayin.

And I haven't forgotten that I owe you all the secret to the perfect and best grilled cheese.  If you've been on a quest to find the perfect grilled cheese, don't fret!  Its forthcoming...

No comments:

Post a Comment